These are Kevin’s favorite! I think I will enter them in the county fairs pickle contest because these are for sure blue ribbon winners! Enjoy!!!
Spicy Maple Bourbon Pickles
Bursting with flavor these sweet pickles will not disappoint...
- Canning jars, lids, Large Stock Pot Or Crab Pot
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Bourbon
- 1/2 Cup Real Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Maple Extract
- 1 3/4 Cup White Vinegar
- 5 Cloves Garlic, skinned and chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Pickling Salt
- 1 tbsp Pickling Spice
- 1 tsp Celery Seed
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes - Add More for More Heat
- Add all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sanitize two quart jars as well as a pint with lids
- while the jars are warm, stuff with cucumbers
- ladle brine over the pickles leaving a half inch space at the top of the jar
- Wipe off the lip of the jar, screw on lid and ring to finger tight
- submerge your jars into nearly boiling water on a canning rack inside of the pot being sure the jars are covered by an inch or two of water.
- Bring to a boil - and boil for 10 minutes
- Turn off heat and remove jars from water
- Allow to cool being sure that your lids have sealed
- Do not eat until a minimum of a week has passed to be sure the flavors are absorbed by your cucumbers